- Who we are
- Facts & Figures
Facts & Figures
- OFID signed its first ever loan agreement with the Democratic Republic of the Sudan on December 23, 1976. The amount was US$7.45 million for balance of payments support.
- OFID was established in January 1976 by the then 13 member countries of OPEC. Initially, it was called The OPEC Special Fund and was meant to be only a temporary institution.
- OFID is a lead partner in SEforALL, having pioneered energy poverty alleviation since 2007, long before it became a mainstream topic.
- Funding under OFID’s private sector and trade financing windows, via financial institution intermediaries, has benefited more than 375,000 micro-, small- and medium-sized enterprises.
- Malala Yousafzai was a winner of the OFID Annual Award in 2013 in appreciation of her fearless struggle to uphold the right of girls and women to receive an education.
- OFID’s Trade Finance Facility has been recognized by a ‘special mention‘ in awards of excellence from two leading trade finance magazines and has received several awards for specific transactions.